Mental Health Access Point (MHAP) exists as the front door to the Hamilton County public mental health system. MHAP, a division of Central Clinic, provides assessment, support, and connections for children and adults residing in Hamilton County who are in need of mental health services.
Our Primary Mission
To provide a standardized entry to a managed system of care that ensures appropriate services are available, accessible, and of high quality
- Assessment for mental health services
- Transitional case management services
- Medication management
- Crisis intervention
- 24-hour telephone hotline service
- Authorization and connection to mental health services
- Assessments and authorization for placement into adult care facilities
- Application assistance for medical and disability benefits
- Consultation/care coordination for complex situations
- Prescreening Probate Court affidavits for involuntary civil commitments.
- Administration of outpatient civil commitments
- Systemic review through quality improvement and assurance activities
24 Hour Help Line
MHAP operates a 24-Hour hotline to answer calls and connect consumers to appropriate services. Triage clinicians also lend support to callers who may be experiencing a mental health crisis and are in need of services. To access MHAP, call (513) 558-8888.