Crisis Stabilization Center (CSC)
Medically monitored facility that provides an alternative to or a step-down from psychiatric hospitalization. The primary treatment goal is to alleviate psychiatric symptoms and restore functioning that allows the individual to return to their lives.
- Not a locked facility
- Shared rooms
- Structured setting
- Provides personal care services
- Provides brief psychiatric intervention for individuals with moderate to high risk acute active psychiatric conditions
- Provides 24 hour, 7 day a week observation, supervision, and medication administration
- Teaches self-administration of medication and other medication strategies
- Teaches independent activities of daily living, skill building, and maladaptive behavior intervention
- Partial Hospitalization Program provided from 9:30a-12:30p, Monday - Friday
- Nursing staff available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to assist the individual with care of psychiatric and chronic medical conditions. A Psychiatrist is available as needed.
- Transitional planning
- There are no visiting hours. Case Workers can visit their clients at any time.
- Fee - No income - subsidized by the Hamilton County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board (HCMHRSB)
- Fee - With income - sliding fee scale
To make a referral, call MHAP Triage at (513) 558-8888. A referral can be generated from a Case Manager or hospital social worker.
For more detailed information regarding CSC, click here.