Excel manages the distribution of housing certifications such as the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) and Shelter Plus Care to eligible individuals. Excel also provides the maintenance of over 300 units. Together, Excel and the HCMHRSB own 86 buildings consisting of a total of 375 units.
- Hamilton County resident and 18 years or older
- Active with a case management agency
- SMD diagnosis
- No income - subsidized by the Hamilton County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board
- With income - sliding fee scale - income verification is required annually
To make a referral, Case Managers must complete a Referral Packet.
Mail to Excel Development, 2403 Auburn Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45219 or fax to (513) 632-7171
Excel staff will respond to referrals with 3-5 business days. Questions regarding a referral should be directed to Matt Brucato at (513) 632-7149 ext. 210.
Documents to be completed with the referral include:
- Diagnostic Assessment Form (DAF)
- individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Current Social Security verification
- Job and Family Services (JFS) benefits explanation - Please contact Hamilton County Department of Job and Family Services at (513) 946-1000 and request a verification of benefits.
To access the Excel Referral Packet, click here.
Once a housing certificate is issued, Excel will complete housing inspections as needed to ensure the apartment meets safety and sanitary guidelines. The following are sample documents that are associated with the housing inspection process.
- Housing Quality Inspections
- Formal Letter to Tenant
- Housekeeping and Safety Inspection
Annual re-certification is required. To access the Annual Re-Certification Information Checklist, click here.